GET A QUOTE
Servicing These States
2018 TruePoint Insurance all rights reserved
Car Insurance Quotes Kentucky
Decision making, in the most logical form, is nothing more than simple math.¬† A series of pluses and minuses that when summed lead to an affirmative or negative answer to the dilemma at hand.¬†¬† A good example would be ‚Äúwhy do I want to live in Kentucky?¬† My top five reasons would be:
Our Small Towns: For me, the small towns represent the soul of Kentucky.¬† Two of my personal favorites are Augusta and Danville.¬† On the Ohio River, about forty miles from Cincinnati you will find the small town of Augusta.¬† One of Kentucky‚Äôs many small-town treasures; Augusta was the childhood home of George Clooney.¬† Traveling just under an hour south of Lexington you will find the birthplace of Kentucky.¬† Danville was the first Capital of Kentucky.¬† The state‚Äôs first constitution was drafted and signed here.¬† Danville is the home of Centre College a Liberal Arts College that consistently ranks among the top fifty Colleges in the U.S.¬† Centre has been a site for to two recent Vice Presidential debates.¬† For me, the small towns are the soul of Kentucky.
Horses: Churchill Downs in Louisville and in Lexington, Keeneland; both rank among the top horse racing tracks in the world.¬† Many of Kentucky‚Äôs biggest stars reside in the Bluegrass Region.¬† Paris, Midway, Versailles, Lexington, Georgetown, Winchester and Lexington are home to the four-legged elite of Kentucky.
Basketball: ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† There is one thing that Kentucky residents will agree on; ‚ÄúBasketball is King in the Bluegrass.‚ÄĚ¬† College basketball in Kentucky is a year-round spectacle and the rivalry between the University of Kentucky and the University of Louisville is second to none.
Bourbon:¬†¬† ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† For generations Kentucky folk have been the butt of jokes, many of which have brought our intelligence into question.¬† Look who gets the last laugh.¬† The world has somehow figured out what Kentuckians have known for eons.¬† For those of you just discovery Kentucky Bourbon, consider yourself lucky that we have enough to share.¬† From Wild Turkey and Four Roses in Lawrenceburg to Bullitt Counties Jim Beam and many others scattered all across the Commonwealth, Kentucky distillers are working hard to insure that there is enough bourbon for all of us.
People:¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Cross the state line into Kentucky and it won‚Äôt take long for you see what truly sets our state apart.¬†¬† It‚Äôs us, are people. ¬†Kentuckians make Kentucky.¬† Total strangers greeting you like a lifelong friend.¬† Kentuckians are loving people that truly care about you.¬† You see it, you will sense it, and if you listen, you will hear it.¬† You will hear us ask; ‚ÄúHow Y’all doing?‚ÄĚ ¬†¬†This is followed by a question mark and is not to be confused with the more rhetorical ‚Äúhow are you doing.‚ÄĚ¬† If it seems a bit dim-witted, then you need to hear it first-hand.¬† Only then will you see the compassion behind the question, ‚Äúhow Y’all?‚ÄĚ¬† ¬†A question with purpose! A question asked with the intent to insure your well-being.
Although you may not hear them as often, there are also many reasons that make it less appealing to call Kentucky home.¬† We pay more for our insurance than most.¬† Don‚Äôt believe me?¬† Take some time to get a Kentucky car insurance quote.¬†
Car Insurance in Kentucky
Auto insurance in Kentucky is expensive when compared to most other states.¬† In recent years people relocating to the state were quiet shocked to find that their car insurance quote in Kentucky was considerably higher than before.¬† For an extended period of time, a Kentucky auto insurance quote would have been one of the ten most expensive states for auto insurance.¬† Even today, Kentucky ranks in the twenty most expensive states for car insurance.¬† Car insurance in Kentucky is more expensive than Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Florida and several other states that would seem to represent a higher risk for the auto insurance companies.
Before pointing the finger at the car insurance companies, consider the following factors that are driving the Kentucky auto insurance premiums higher:
- The number of Kentucky deaths related to auto accidents is appalling. Kentucky has the second most deaths per miles driven and is almost 150% of the national average.
- Kentucky is one of twelve states with no-fault insurance laws. Critics suggest that this form of insurance is:
- Leading to widespread car insurance fraud in Florida and as a result, many auto insurance companies are reducing their business there. Evidence points to similar issues that are leading to higher auto insurance quotes in Louisville.
- These laws were adopted to prevent abuse and discourage ambulance chasers. Unfortunately, there have been serious negative consequences that revolve around, fraud and increased medical cost without a significant reduction in lawsuits.
- New York‚Äôs no-fault auto insurance system is near the breaking point which could lead to significant changes in the near term.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist represent another issue that is putting upward pressure on Kentucky car insurance quotes. Kentucky ranks in the middle of the pack among all states regards uninsured motorist.¬† While this most likely has little if any impact on your car insurance quote Kentucky, it is highly likely that car insurance for Kentucky residents is higher due to the higher number of underinsured motorist.¬† Who is an underinsured motorist?¬† I am, the guy has the lowest premium auto insurance, and you.¬† Even Warren Buffet could be considered an underinsured driver.¬†¬† Since awards for damages are ultimately in the hands of a judge or jury, it is possible that any of us are underinsured.
My logic is that the states with the lowest minimum mandatory auto liability coverage are the states with the greatest exposure to underinsured drivers.¬† Only eleven states have lower state minimum auto liability coverages than Kentucky, which is my reasoning why underinsured motorist have an upward bias when it comes to car insurance for Kentucky.
At this point, my plus/minus matrix is five to one for staying put.¬† I will keep paying a little extra for my car insurance because I love the people and the basketball.¬† Y‚Äôall have a great day, ya hear?
Family¬†Feud-The Insurance Addition:
100 people surveyed
Reasons people overpay for Home & Auto Insurance:
The #1 Answer:¬† I Don’t Know
The #2 Answer: Unwilling to talk to an Insurance Agents
Maybe it’s time to experience TruePoint’s Customer Service.¬† Visit our site at www.insuringky.com for an instant online home, auto or home & auto package quote.¬† Instant insurance quotes in real-time, 24/7 without an agent.
Our customer focused approach puts you in the drivers seat.¬† In addition to instant online quotes, our clients have online access to all of their important personal insurance documents.¬† Stop worrying about getting pulled over by police with an expired certificate of insurance.¬† As long as you have a cell phone you can deliver acceptable proof of insurance any time night or day.¬† Maybe you have water standing in your basement.¬† You want to check your insurance policy but it has been ruined by the water.¬† Don’t go all weekend worry if you have water backup coverage, visit the TruePoint Customer Portal to access the information that you need.
At TruePoint we do insurance different and we invite you to do the same.¬† Give was a call at (502) 410-5089 or visit our website at www.insuringky.com