Your RV is a passport to freedom and adventure. However, the rigors of the road can take its toll on your vehicle’s exterior, interior, and systems. Use these tips to ensure your RV stays comfortable, no matter how long you’re on the road.
- Protect your paint job by parking your RV in covered areas as often as possible. A carport or tarp protects your rig from wind, rain, and sun while it’s stationary. These solutions also make it easier to control the internal temperature in your RV so your climate control devices drain less life from your generator.
- Take your RV to an auto detailer in between long trips. A professional cleaning will remove dirt and stains from your upholstery and interior surfaces. In between stops, use a small hand vac to keep dust and crumbs under control.
- Pack cleaning supplies before each outing. Include a stain removal product, upholstery brushes, and soft cleaning cloths. These will help you deal with messes before they become built-in stains.
- Make sure your insurance policy is up-to-date. A break-in or minor accident could cause a lot of damage. Having the right policies in place ensure you can get needed repair right away. Talk to the agents at TruePoint Insurance for information on RV policies in the Fisherville KY area.
- Have your rig thoroughly checked by a professional before longer trips. This includes the electrical and plumbing systems. For fully contained rigs, have the technician access the state of your generator and power distribution equipment.
- Maintain your water systems with the right chemicals. Black and grey water tanks often need additives to prevent the growth of harmful buildup and ease the flow of discarded water. Talk to your automotive technician for recommended products for your RV.
Before you hit the road, make sure your rig is covered from all ends. An RV policy from TruePoint Insurance is the best way to protect your Fisherville, KY RV. Contact us for a free quote today.